Sunday, March 13, 2011

Building my own pétard


As I preached over on Calorie Neutral a while ago, one of the best ways to help oneself reach one’s goals is to make them public. Share them with a friend or two.

So, friends, here I am:
In two weeks, I’m going to ride the 100-km route of the Victoria Populaire as set out by the BC Randonneur cycling group.

To be honest, with a couple of days’ notice both my butt and my quads can cope (albeit slowly) for a hundred km. The thing that’s going to make this ride a challenge is that there are hills. Oh, I can walk up the 12.5% grade, no problem. It’s the 27.5% one that has me sweating before I even put clip to pedal.

I guess we’re going to find out a little more about me in two weeks. Can I train for and ride those hills? Or did I, she asks hopefully, read the map wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment