Sunday, March 6, 2011

And now for something completely different…


A very flattering email landed in my computer on Friday morning: an invitation to apply for a teaching position at a local college.

“…we need to increase our staff of talented Instructors,” the note said. “Do you like to see others succeed?”

I sure do!

“Do you have great communication skills?”

My clients think so.

“Are you honest with a great work ethic?”

Absolutely!

This was looking better and better. I was stoked – a possible new gig, and apparently there were medical and dental benefits involved. For a longtime freelancer, those words were magnetic. Avidly, I read on.

“Are you passionate about cosmetology?”

Sadly, the extent of my knowledge of the beauty world is that there’s more to it than choosing blue-black mascara or none.

The registrar doesn’t know how I got on her email list but to be honest I don’t really care. It was fun to imagine what I might do with a captive audience and a wand of blue-black waterproof.

3 comments:

  1. wand? as in fairy-godmother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's too funny! At least you had a moment of excitement! And there actually IS more to it all than (my own) brown/black mascara? huh....who knew? Best of luck with future gigs...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as I'm concerned, Alice, it is magic, so yes – here's to fairy godmothers!

    Lisa, maybe you could branch out into blue-black some time.
    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete