Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back to the land

I have a new garden!

Last year, I put my name on a waiting list for space in the allotment gardens on the grounds of historic Craigflower Manor and last week, my number came up. I am now the proud tenant of Number 82, a four-by-twelve foot plot of potential.

See the beautifully cleared section in the foreground of the photo? That’s not mine.

Above it, notice the garden with the minty shrub at the left-hand end? Also not mine.

What is mine, for the astonishing price of $24 a year, is the overgrown – and very green, I point out – mess in the middle.

I have plans. Big plans. Ambitious plans that involve beets and chive flowers and kale all winter long.

But first, I weed.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I immediately thought the cleared one was yours and it made me feel a little green. Your plot, however, is greener than I.

    ReplyDelete